Saturday, November 22, 2008

Annalakshmi India Veg Restaurant.. My New Found and Loved Indian Veg Restaurant...

Went back to Annalakshmi Indian Veg Restaurant with Alex on Friday for lunch...

It was a buffet setting and no ala-carte available... Ahhh.. So disappointing coz was soooo craving for the THE BEST indian veg dishes I ever had! Checked out Sparky's post for my first trip there with him on Wed... The food is so fabulous that I already missed them 2hrs after I had them! LOL! That's why I can't wait to drag Alex there for a 2nd round just 2 days after...

The lunch was actually not bad... Just normal good ind veg food I supposed.. Not as awesome as the ala-cartes.

Service was as FUN thou coz as the staff are mostly volunteers, they are not particularly "seasoned" servers. All they wanted to do was to serve from their heart and that's excatly what they did...

Had a few really young teenager gals serving us that afternoon. The occassional giggles and "Oops, sorry!" are probably what we CANNOT tolerate in regular restaurants, but in there, seems exceptionally amiable...

Still very awed by the quality and taste of the food there nevertheless... I wished I had known this place earlier as this is definitely gonna be my first choice for indian veg in future. And even though the cooks and kitchen helpers are volunteers as well, I can really taste the effort they put in to make the dishes great.

Or maybe the very reason is BECAUSE they aren't working for the money, that's why one can truly taste the love, passion, soul and art of the food... *SmileZ*

Such interesting operation culture and zest that believes in caring and providing to the world at the same time trust the better instincts of humankind to know how to give back... I truly hope that this restaurant can continue to operate with profits (all that goes into developing of Indian cultural activities and charity) and flourish to prove that money is NOT the key to everything. Heart is.

That said, I wish that all Singaporeans that have the opportunity to visit will let go of that "KIASU" mentality for a while, deeply indulge in the soulful cuisine, and "give" (pay) appropriately to what you had enjoyed...

I await for your comments for those who visit!! .

The restaurant is located in B1 of Chianatown Point. Other details are on the web link above. I strongly encourage the ala-carte. Check out the review post above for reference to what to order if you are new to indian veg cuisine...

No comments: